See My Review Below!!!
The Belle and the Beard by Kate Canterbary is now live!
Jasper-Anne Cleary’s guide to salvaging your life when you find yourself publicly humiliated, out of work, and unemployable at 35—not to mention newly single:
1. Run away. Seriously, there’s no shame in disappearing. Go to that rustic old cottage your aunt left you. Look out for the colony of bats and the leaky roof. Oh, and the barrel-chested neighbor with shoulders like the broad side of a barn. Definitely look out for him.
2. Stop wallowing and stay busy. It doesn’t matter whether you know how to bake or fix things around the house. Do it anyway. Dust off your southern hospitality and feed that burly, bearded neighbor some pecan pie.
3. Meet new people. Chat up the grumpy man-bear, pretend to be his girlfriend when his mother puts you two on the spot, agree to go as his date to a big family party. Don’t worry—it’s only temporary.
4. Cry it out. Screwing up your life entitles you to wine, broody-moody music, and uninterrupted sobbing.
5. Get over it all by getting under someone. Count on your fake boyfriend to deliver some very real action between the sheets.
6. Move on. The disappearing act, the cottage, the faux beau—none of it can last forever.
Linden Santillian’s guide to surviving the invasion when a hell-in-heels campaign strategist moves in next door:
1. Do not engage. There is no good reason you should chop her wood, haul her boxes, or pick her apples.
2. Do not accept gifts, especially not the homemade ones. Disconnect the doorbell, toss your phone over a bridge, hide in the basement if you must, but do not eat her pie.
3. Do not introduce her to your friends and family. They’ll favor her over you and never let you forget it.
4. Do not intervene when she’s crying on the back porch. Ignore every desire to fix the entire world for her. By no means should you take her into your arms and memorize her peach-sweet curves.
5. Do not take her to bed, even if it’s just to get her out of your system.
6. Do not, under any circumstances, fall in love with her.
Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
USA Today Bestseller Kate Canterbary writes smart, steamy contemporary romances loaded with heat, heart, and happy ever afters. Kate lives on the New England coast with her husband and daughter.
Connect with Kate
Website | www.katecanterbary.com
Goodreads | https://bit.ly/38egGxI
Amazon | https://amzn.to/3kL9fDi
Facebook | www.facebook.com/kcanterbary
Facebook Group | https://bit.ly/3edupsg
Instagram | www.instagram.com/katecanterbary
Twitter | https://bit.ly/38dyGIA
Bookbub | www.bookbub.com/authors/kate-canterbary
Pinterest | https://bit.ly/38acizB
Newsletter | https://bit.ly/3bk8PRh
Another stellar story by the talented Ms. Canterbary!
This is the story of the last Santillian triplets and I will honestly say, Ms. Canterbary saved the absolute best for last!
This story of Linden and Jasper-Anne.
One of the millions of reasons I love this author is how she can write such absolutely relatable characters with a class and snarkiness all her own!
Jasper-Anne is a bit of a hot mess. She was a powerhouse in D.C. until a fluke made her run. Straight to the woods where Linden lives!
I could really relate to Jasper’s inner struggle and her turmoil. I could relate to her need to be independent and to rely only on herself. Her job just reinforced the need for that outer shell to stay thick and strong. Underneath beat the heart of a girl that was unfairly shamed growing up and it shaped her into the woman she is today.
Linden, that growly man, he wasn’t sure how to handle the lovely Jasper when they first met. But ever-observant he was able to really “see” her. See past her thick, plastic persona she showed the world. She writes the best growly, grumbly heros!
The dialogue was witty, salty and so wonderfully smexy and smart! Ms. Canterbary has a way of making a reader feel smarter (at least I feel that way) and more worldly. (Again, maybe it’s just me…)